Good-Bad Movie Recast: The Room

One of my fantasies if I were to win the lottery would be to take a bad movie and recast it. I always wonder when I watch independent and bad (not saying that bad movies are restricted to independent, because they’re not) if the movie had a budget and could get really incredible actors, a better director, and editor, etc. with the same script if the movie could be good.

I have a dream – and it’s to recast The Room with the following people.

the_room_recast_martin_scro

First off the new Room would be directed by Martin Scorsese, not that Tommy Wiseau didn’t do an incredible job, but… you know..

the_room_recast_benicio_del

First up is Johnny. Brooding? Check. Passionate? Check. 0% Body fat? No.

the_room_recast_charlize_th

I don’t know what Charlize would look like with crimped hair, a red dress, and light blue eyeshadow, but I think that she would make a good Lisa.

the_room_recast_leonardo_di

Classic American good-looks with the ability to steal away women from their boring future husbands.

the_room_recast_zac_effron

Less hair products would turn this hair into a lovely mushroom cut just like simple, loveable Dinny-Dinny-Dinny-Boy.

the_room_recast_meryl_stree

Don’t worry, Meryl Streep, they’re curing lots of people every day.

the_room_recast_marion_coti

Marion is the type of woman you could have secret girl talk with over a glass of wine and a throbing neck vein.

zach_galifianakis_mike

Two words Zach Galifianakis – “Me underwears”

the_room_cillian_peter

Cillian, you don’t have run bay to breakers, there’s too many weirdos. Ps – Watch out for that ledge, Mark might feel like doing something crazy like running or killing himself.

the_room_recast_chris_r

No casting changes needed.

the_room_recast_edward_nort

He feels like he’s sitting on an atomic bomb waiting for it to go off. Steve is probably my favourite character because of his randomness.

the_room_recast_simon_pegg

And last but not least, the red head at the party that makes sure we know that Lisa is looking really sexy tonight.

Agree? Suggestions? When can we start?

26 thoughts on “Good-Bad Movie Recast: The Room

1. Dan says:

Awesome, however, I really think David Lynch is the right guy for the director’s chair. The Room is nothing if not a Freudian surrealist metaphor for internal turmoil and dissociation.

2. Jonny Kaine says:

as bad as the acting in The Room is, I think it’s the script that makes it truly terrible. that said; it would be amazing to see The Room redone with this cast.

3. Jeremy Forbing says:

You run Bay-to-Breakers, not Beta-Breakers. Bay-to-Breakers is a yearly race involving large numbers of people, often in outlandish costumes.

However, this is a great recast. The world agrees: No one can play Chris R but Chris R.

4. OhaiErin says:

I’ve always though Chris R. was actually a good actor, even if wardrobe thought it was appropriate to out him in track pants and dress shoes.

5. Anna says:

This is great!! If the original Chris-R isn’t available, I would like to see Christian Bale take that on.

I thought it was beta-breakers too, until my Bay Area friends schooled me that it’s Bay to Breakers.

6. Megan says:

Very well done! I completely agree with keeping Chris R. When having debates regarding who is the best actor/actress, I’ve always raved about Chris R.’s abilities to be the most believable, even if he is wearing loafers with running pants.

1. Greg says:

I found it when Greg Sestero shared it. By the way, great casting choices – although I read a similar article recently that suggested Werner Herzog as Johnny, and I had to agree. Then he could write, direct, produce, star, AND have an accent!

7. gregrubino says:

What about the woman at the flower shop who fails to recognize Johnny (“her favorite customer”) in sunglasses? I think Kathy Bates would be perfect. I thought Rosie at first as well, but I don’t think she has the range to pull it off.

Also +1 on David Lynch.